Amigo Energy Review
We have decided to rate Amigo Energy 3 stars because a decent range of offers and low early termination fees, but there have been some consumer complaints regarding responsiveness and transparency of pricing.
Amigo Energy's prices are generally in the low-to midrange compared with other providers, and we like that they offer the choice of some plans without base charges and minimum usage fees. However, pricing can vary according to where you live. Call us at 1 (832) 460-0233 and tell us your zip code to get competing offers and find the lowest prices and best plans for you.
- Ability to choose between plans with and without base charges.
- Good referral incentives.
- Early termination fees can be high.
Variable Rates We generally don't encourage customers to choose variable rate plans, because the advertised price is often for the first month only, and prices can rise unexpectedly in later months. Unless you have a specific reason to need a very short term plan with no early termination fee, it is better to lock in your rate with a fixed-term contract.
Customer experiences with Amigo Energy seem to be mixed. Dissatisfaction and poor reviews are usually a result of:
- Poor experiences with customer service representatives, including receiving bills late.
- Price increases on variable rate plans.
We like that Amigo Energy offers relatively transparent Terms & Conditions. However, you might want to be aware of the following:
- No early termination fee if you move and provide proof
- Layers of fees could really add up if you are ever late on a payment