Starting Electricity Supply in New Hampshire
New Hampshire opened electricity markets to competition in the 1990s. Do you have the power of choice? Find out how to start service in your name and choose the best supplier for your electricity
Moving in New Hampshire or looking to switch service? Give us a call at 1 (347) 410-8789 to find the best rates available in your area
What Deregulation Means for You
Deregulation of the electricity market in New Hampshire means that you have a choice of energy supplier. This means:
- Greater choice of energy supplier
- Wider price options - choose a floating price, lock in a fixed price, or choose green energy
- Competition among suppliers, leading to lower prices and better customer service
What has not changed with deregulation is the operation of energy infrastructure. Your local utility still owns, operates, and maintains distribution network for electricity. The power you receive will be the same, regardless of who supplies it. The same thing goes for interruptions or the quality of the electrical current you receive - in short, nothing changes but the price when you switch suppliers!
Starting Electricity Service in New Hampshire
Getting electricity service started in your name in New Hampshire is easy! Simply call your local utility and provide them with the following information:
- Your full name and contact information (phone number, email address)
- The full address of where you would like service
- The date for service
- Some government-issued identification, such as your Social Security Number or drivers license number
You can also call us at 1 (347) 410-8789. We can get your electricity service started, and help you find the best rate for your electricity available on the market!