Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to your energy bills, it pays not to be in the dark! Our collection of frequently asked questions (and answers) will help you become an informed and empowered energy consumer, helping you save money along the way.
Shopping for Energy
- Why switch to an alternate supplier?
- What is an alternate supplier?
- What is a utility?
- What questions should I ask an alternate energy supplier?
- Why are electricity prices higher in the summer?
- What is the difference between fixed & variable rates?
- Are variable rates a good idea or should I choose a fixed energy rate?
- What is a peak rate/time of use pricing for electricity?
- What is the price of 1 mWh of electricity?
- What is the difference between wholesale and retail price?
- Do residents in deregulated markets really pay less?
- How much do electricity prices change? And prices each month?
- How much does electricity cost per square foot of my house?
- What is a kilowatt-Hour?
- Where does electricity come from?
- How much energy does the average US household consume?
- What is a therm?
- How is electricity measured?
- How is natural gas measured?
- How can I save money on my energy bills?
- How can I save on my energy bills in the summer?
- Can I save money on energy while using air conditioning?
- What type of barbecue is most energy efficient?