4Change Energy Reviews
We have decided to rate 4Change Energy 4 stars because of their helpful customer service, low cancellation fees, and sense of corporate social responsibility - 4% of their profits are donated to charity.
We think 4Change Energy is a company that you can trust. Their prices are generally low, and buying electricity service through them will also help to serve good causes.
BBB RANKING 4Change Energy has been rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau for the low incidence of consumer complaints filed against it relative to its size.
4Change Energy generally offers competitive prices. However, pricing can vary according to where you live.
Call us at 1 (832) 460-0233 and tell us your zip code to get competing offers and find the lowest prices and best plans for you.
- Additional Charges: 4Change Energy applies a monthly base charge/minimum usage fee to its plans (and a non-usage fee in months of zero usage), so your actual price per kWh will depend on how much energy you consume every month.
- Separate TDU Charges: 4Change Energy applies TDU charges separately, instead of including them in the price per kWh. This means that the actual price you pay every month will be higher than the advertised price.
Variable Rates We generally don't encourage customers to choose variable rate plans, because the advertised price is often for the first month only, and prices can rise unexpectedly in later months. Unless you have a specific reason to need a very short term plan with no early termination fee, it is better to lock in your rate with a fixed-term contract.
Customer experiences with 4Change Energy seem to be mixed. Dissatisfaction and poor reviews are usually a result of:
- Poor experiences with customer service representatives
- Price increases on variable rate plans, and in particular, the addition of TDU charges to monthly electricity rates
We like that 4Change Energy offers relatively transparent Terms & Conditions. However, you might want to be aware of the following:
- No early termination fee if you move and provide proof
- TDU charges not included in advertised price/kWh and are additional