AEP Texas is an investor-owned electricity utility company in Texas, based in Corpus Christi, TX.
Contact AEP Texas
You can reach AEP Texas on the following numbers:
- For Customer Service from Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Sat, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM: 1-877-373-4858
- For emergency service (866) 223-8508 (24/7).
- By email at https://www.aeptexas.com/contact/#EmailForm.
- By mail at the following postal address: 539 N Carancahua Corpus Christi, TX, 78401.
Understanding your Bill
For you to understand your AEP Texas bill, we have created page of detailed explanation of each part of your bill: Understanding your Bill.
Budget billing is a method for the customers to spread out their bill equally over the year, in order to avoid irregular monthly bills, mostly caused by market and seasonal variations. Budget billing with AEP Texas must be set up through your retail energy provider (REP). To sign up, and for additional information, you must reach out directly to your REP.
Scope of Activity
AEP Texas is a subsidiary of the major electric company American Electric Power. The activities of American Electric Power include:
- Generation (owning & operating power plants): 38,000 megawatts of generating capacity.
- Power transmission (high voltage transport of power over large distances): 40,000 miles of transmission lines across the US.
- Power distribution (low voltage transport of power over shorter distances): 222,000 miles of distribution lines across the US.
American Electric Power is a utility company which offers delivery and supply services of electricity and gas for residential, as well as commercial and industrial customers in several states in the US. American Electric Power in the U.S. owns and operates the following companies:
- AEP Texas
- AEP Ohio
- Appalachian Power, which covers parts of Virginia and Tennessee
- Indiana Michigan Power, which serves parts of Indiana and Michigan
- Kentucky Power
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma
- SWEPCO (Southwestern Electric Power Company), which serves parts of Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana
In 1958 the company stopped all production activities of gas and transmission, distribution and changed their name to American Electric Power. Today the company focuses more on energy generation activities, transmission and distribution of electricity. Today, the American Electric Power continues to be one of the biggest utility companies in the country.
- 1922 Indiana and Michigan Electric
- 1924 American Electric Power Company, a Philadelphia holding company
- 1925 Appalachian Power Company
- 1948 Indiana Service Corporation of Fort Wayne
- 1980 Columbus and Southern Ohio Electric Company
- 2000 Central and South West Corporation
AEP Texas Central is a power distribution company in USA. The registered office is located in :
539 N Carancahua
78401 Corpus Christi, TX
Activate your account with AEP Texas Central
You are moving and wish to activate your account with AEP Texas Central? It’s simple. Call AEP Texas Central by dialing and give :
- Your exact address (apt. no., street no., street name, city/town, zipcode).
- Your name.
- Date of required activation.
Speak with a customer service agent
Do you have a question related to a commercial issue? Call the AEP Texas Central customer service by dialing . They can help you with questions such as you bill, rates, or the terms of your contract.
Pay your bill
When you activate your line and create an account in your name, AEP Texas Central may ask you to pay your bills by several options:
- By automatic account transfer.
- Check sent by mail.
- Credit or debit card by telephone.
- Cash or card at an authorized payment office.