When it comes to your energy bills, it pays not to be in the dark! Our collection of frequently asked questions (and answers) will help you become an informed and empowered energy consumer, helping you save money along the way.
Shopping for Energy
- Why switch to an alternate supplier?
- What is an alternate supplier?
- What is a utility?
- What is the difference between an alternate supplier and my utility?
- What questions should I ask an alternate energy supplier?
- Why are electricity prices higher in the summer?
- What is the difference between fixed & variable rates?
- What is a peak rate/time of use pricing for electricity?
- What is a kilowatt-Hour?
- Where does electricity come from?
- How much energy does the average US household consume?
- What is a therm?
- How is electricity measured?
- How is natural gas measured?
- How can I save money on my energy bills?
- How can I save on my energy bills in the summer?
- Can I save money on energy while using air conditioning?
- What type of barbecue is most energy efficient?