PPL Electric Utilities E-Power Rebate
Did you know? PPL Electric Utilities offers a wide range of rebates and energy-efficiency programs to all customers within its service area, regardless of who their energy supplier is. Here we provide a comprehensive list of the e-power programs available to residential customers.
Want More Information?Call PPL Electric Utilities directly at 1-877-486-9204 for more information about e-Power rebates and your eligibility
Rebates for New Homes
New Home Construction
Rebate available: up to $2,000
Though technically this rebate is available to builders/contractors of new ENERGY STAR® homes, if you are getting a new home built this might be something to check out. This program is open to any construction completed on or after Dec. 1, 2013. Homes built following the e-Power guidelines use up to 40% less electricity than homes built to basic Pennsylvania Building Code Standards.
Rebate available: up to $1,200 with bonus rebate up to $300 for installing air-source or ductless heat pump
Modular, or manufactured homes, are defined as a movable dwelling 8 feet or more wide and 40 feet or more long that is designed to be towed on its own chassis, with transportation gear integral to the unit when it leaves the factory and without needing a permanent foundation. This is a relatively new e-Power program that seeks encourage all types of home buyers to favour energy-efficient purchases.
- Manufactured home must be ENERGY STAR rated.
- Air-source heat pump or ductless heat pump must be SEER 15 or greater.
- Home must be bought on or after June 1, 2014
To claim your rebate, once you buy an energy-certified manufactured home with an eligible heat pump, you must complete and send rebate application form (found on the PPL Electric Utilities website) along with a legible copy of your invoice, electric utility bill, manufacturer as built spec sheet and a ENERGY STAR certification.
For more information you can call 1-877-486-9204 or email [email protected] with "Manufactured Homes" as the subject line.
Rebates for Renovations/Upgrades
Home Energy Audit
Rebate available: up to $575
Home Energy Audit rebates are available for both surveys and assessments.
- Home Energy Audit Survey Package
- This includes a walk-through evaluation of your home. The surveyor will provide a list of recommendations for ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- Survey value: up to $175 + up to $150 in efficiency products
- Cost to you: $50
Note that you must have electric heat or central air conditioning to qualify for either program.
- Home Energy Audit Assessment Package
- This involves a walk-through evaluation by a BPI-certified auditor and diagnostic testing of your home, such as examining air leakage, carbon monoxide levels, moisture, etc.
- Rebates available: $250 for all-electric household, or $125 central air or main source electric heating + up to $150 in efficiency products
- Cost to you: $350 – $650
Find out more by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-877-486-9204.
Central Air Conditioning
Rebate available: $250
Get a $250 rebate for replacing your current air conditioning model with a central air conditioning unit rated SEER 16 or higher (ENERGY STAR qualified), and save up to 30% on cooling costs. This rebate is eligible to all customers within the PPL Electric Utilities service area who have purchased a new qualified unit on or after March 1, 2015. Note that the rebate application must be submitted within 90 days of installation. To receive a rebate, complete and send the rebate application form along with the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate for and a legible copy of your invoice and electric bill, all within the 90 days eligibility window. For more information, call 1-877-486-9204 or email [email protected].
Heating and Cooling
Rebate available: up to $1,200
Different rebates are available for various heat pump models:
|Heat Pump Type||Efficiency Rating||Rebate Available|
|Air Source||SEER 16 or higher||$1,200 for heat pumps installed after March 1, 2015; $200 for heat pumps installed before March 1, 2015|
|Ductless||15||$100 per 12,000 BTU/hr (1 ton)|
|Ductless||17||$150 per 12,000 BTU/hr (1 ton)|
|Ductless||19||$200 per 12,000 BTU/hr (1 ton)|
Note that the rebates for SEER 16 air source heat pumps is available until May 31, 2016, as long as funding is still available. There is also a limited number of rebates for switching from electric to non-electric high efficiency central heat.
Check out the e-Power heating/cooling homepage for more information.
Get instant in-store discount on selected ENERGY STAR ® LEDs. This progarm is eligible for all customers within PPL Electric Utility service territory, at participating retailer locations. Check the retailer listing to find one closest to you. Don't forget to recycle your burnt out CFLs.
Rebate available: up to $350
Upgrade from a single-speed pump to a more efficient variable-speed pool pump and receive a rebate when the pump is installed by a certified contractor. These pumps are up to 72% more energy-efficient than standard models and can reduce energy costs by more than $300 per year. Note that this rebate is only eligible to customers who are upgrading a single-speed pump. To claim your rebate, simply:
- Replace your existing pool pump with a qualifying variable speed pool pump and have it installed by a qualifying participating contractor (Note that pumps with new pool installations are not eligible)
- Download and completed a rebate application, available on the PPL Electric Utilities e-Power website
- Within 90 days of installation (or 180, if the eligible equipment was installed before 12/31/14), send the completed rebate application and with a legible copy of your dated sales and installation receipts and a copy of a recent electricity bill to PPL Electric Utilities
- Receive your rebate check ($150 for above-ground pools, or $350 for below-ground pools)
Call 1-877-486-9204 or email [email protected] for more information.
Rebate available: up to $100
Receive a $25 rebate for replacing your current refrigerator with a ENERGY STAR refrigerator, or $100 for replacing it with a ENERGY STAR Most Efficient or CEE Tier 3 model. Receive an additional $35 for recycling your old refrigerator. Rebate application must be sent within 90 days of installation. Check out the PPL Electric Utilities e-Power website for more information.
Rebate available: up to $400
Receive a rebate on upgrading your existing electric heat pump water heater to an ENERGY STAR model. Get a $300 rebate for upgrading to a ENERGY STAR certified model that has a Energy Factor (EF) rating between 2.3 and 2.74, or get a $400 rebate for purchasing an ENERGY STAR certified model with Energy Factor (EF) rating of 2.75 or higher. You can also get a rebate if you switch from an electric heater to another fuel type:
- Gas tankless water heaters: ENERGY STAR certified and have an EF ≥ 0.82.
- Natural gas/Propane water heaters: must be ENERGY STAR certified with an EF ≥ 0.67.
- Oil water heaters: ENERGY STAR certified and have an EF ≥ 0.514.
Note that you will receive the rebate in the form of a Visa prepaid card. To claim your rebate you must complete and send a rebate application (found on the PPL Electric Utilities website), along with a copy of your valid receipt/invoice from the retailer (Note that a valid invoice includes a purchase date, product(s) purchased, quantity purchased, price and payment made in full & that invoices missing any of the above will be rejected), as well as a copy of the first page of your most recent PPL Electric Utilities bill to the address marked on the rebate form. This must be done within 90 days of installation. The rebate card should be sent within 60 days of the postmarked date on qualified applications.
Consider making a photocopy of the rebate materials you have sent for your own personal records, just in case you are asked to email or fax the photocopies again.
Rebate available: up to $1,750
Customers with electric heat or central air conditioning have the possibility of receiving rebates on insulation (up to $1,650) and air sealing ($100) for their homes. In order to receive the rebates they must schedule a home energy survey or audit. If the surveyor or auditor determines that the attic insulation has an R-value of 27 or less, or that the wall insulation has an R-value of 11 or less, the customer will be recommended new insulation that qualifies for rebates.
Note that in order to qualify for the rebate, installed measures must be based on an audit that took place on or after Dec. 1, 2013, and that applications must be submitted within 180 days of installation. The insulation must also have been installed by a participating contractor. Note that to receive the air sealing rebate, it must have been performed in accordance with BPI Standards within 180 days of completing an audit on or after May 1, 2015.
- Weatherization rebates available:
- Electric Resistance Heat & Central Air: 70% of cost for attic insulation (max $750), 70% of cost of wall insulation (max $650)
- Electric Resistance Heat or Electric Heat Pump & Heating and Cooling: 70% of cost for attic insulation (max $500), 70% of cost of wall insulation (max $450)
- Central A/C Only: 70% of cost of attic insulation (max $100), 70% of cost of wall insulation (max $150)
A $100 rebate on air sealing is available for all types of HVAC systems.
Winter Relief Assistance Program
The Winter Relief Assistance Program (WRAP) helps low-income customers cut their home energy bills and reduce their energy bills. Check the PPL WRAP website to see if you are eligible. To qualify for the WRAP program, you must own or rent a house or apartment that has not received WRAP services in the past seven years, be a PPL Electric Utilities customer with an individual electric meter, and be 18 years old or older. If you rent a home or apartment you will need your landlord’s permission before PPL Electric Utilities can provide most WRAP services. Note that WRAP services can only be used for a primary residence and not a secondary residence or vacation home. Potential services available through WRAP include:
- Energy education and a home-energy savings plan
- LED light bulbs
- Replacements of refrigerators and air conditioners with energy-efficient models
- Heating/air-conditioning filter installation/cleaning
- Electric water heater replacement/heat pump water heater
- Attic, floor and wall insulation
- Whole-house foam insulation
- New door sweeps and thresholds
- Duct insulation
- New thermostats
- Heating system repair or replacement
WRAP services may include energy education plans and ideas for how to reduce energy consumption at home. In addition to this, PPL Electric Utilities also provides a free energy efficiency kit, called the Education and Energy Efficiency (E-power Wise) kit. It includes:
- Free energy education workshops
- Energy-efficiency kits delivered by direct mail and through community-based organization. Kit includes:
- Light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs)
- Kitchen faucet aerator
- Smart strip plug outlet
- Shower head
- Furnace whistle
- LED nightlight
Note that this program is open to customers at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Check the PPL Electric Utilities website to see if you qualify, or call them directly at 1-888-647-3831 for more information