How To Pay Your PSEG Bill
To pay your PSEG electricity or gas bills, there are different options to suit your preference.
Want to Save Money on Your PSEG Bill? In New Jersey, you have the power of choice for your electricity and natural gas supply. Call us at phone currently not available to find the best rates in your area.
You can pay your bills:
- at any one of the 38,000 Western Union locations throughout the USA: http://locations.westernunion.com/
- at a PSEG office or at an authorized Western Union agency, by check, or cash (or money order). Authorized agencies are located throughout PSEG's service area - check on PSEG's website to find the closest payment center near you. See all PSEG offices below.
Payments by Mail
PSEG provides a self-addressed envelope with each month's paper bill. To pay your bill by mail, simply mail your check or money order, along with the paper bill stub, to the address on your envelope. If paying by check, make sure to write your account number on the back. If you have lost the payment envelope, you can mail payment to the following address:
PO Box 14444
New Brunswick, NJ 08906
Payments Over the Phone
To pay over the phone:
- From your bank account: 1-800-553-7734
- Using a credit card: 1-888-575-6273 ($3.95 fee applies)
One-time Online Payment
You make a one-time payment:
- From your bank account: access your online account in order to do this.
- With your credit or debit card through Western Union Speedpay, which charges a fee of $3.95 for each payment. access your online account in order to do this.
With this option, you authorize regularly scheduled payments from your checking account on your bill due date. Access your online account in order to do this.
Need help with your bill?
Equal Payment Plan
PSEG's Equal Payment Plan enables you to spread out your projected annual bill equal monthly payments. PSEG will estimate your energy usage over the whole year, and spread out the payments, so that even though both the price of electricity and your consumption will change every month, you will be paying the same amount. To find out more about this, go to our PSEG's Equal Payment Plan page.
Payment Assistance Programs
There are various state and PSEG payment assistance programs available for people who have difficulty in paying their bill.
There are 7 different assistance programs available to PSEG customers:
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) : this helps very low-income residential customers pay their heating and cooling bills.
- NJ Universal Service Fund (USF): this helps low-income customers with their electric and gas bills.
- PAGE (Payment Assistance Gas and Electric): this helps low to moderate income New Jersey residents pay their electric and natural gas bills.
- NJ SHARES: this helps moderate income households who do not qualify for federal or state energy programs such as LIHEAP and/or USF and whose income does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- NJ Lifeline Credit Program: this helps elderly or disabled people with low income.
- New Jersey Comfort Partners: this helps low-income households with their electricity and gas bills.
- Federal & State Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC): helps low-income households by granting them federal or state tax credits.
Note that most of these programs PSEG will not contact eligible customers directly, they must apply for the programs on their own. We, Callmepower, can help with these processes. Call us at phone currently not available for more information
Payment Arrangement Options
Call PSEG if you think that you will have difficulty making a bill payment. You are entitled to at least one deferred payment plan per year.
If you care about the environment, you can apply for paperless billing. Instead of receiving your bill through the postal service, you will receive it by email. The advantage is that you can access it anywhere you are connected to the internet.
Would you like to discuss service, bill payment, or other issues in person? No problem! PSEG has a number of customer service locations ready to help you out.
|Bayonne||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||608 Broadway
Bayonne, NJ 07002
|Burlington||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||501 High Street
Burlington, NJ 08016
|Camden||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||2 Riverside Drive (One Port Center)
Camden, NJ 08103
|Elizabeth||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||550 N. Broad Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
|Hackensack||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||214 Hudson Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
|Hoboken||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||615 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
|Jersey City||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||35 Journal Square Suite #2
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(corner of Bergen Ave. and Newkirk St.)
|New Brunswick||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||317 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
|Newark||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||80 Park Plaza
Newark, NJ 07102
|Passaic||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||651 Main Avenue
Passaic, NJ 07055
|Paterson||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||301 Main Street
Paterson, NJ 07505
|Perth Amboy||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||313 Madison Avenue
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
|Plainfield||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||120 W. Seventh Street
Plainfield, NJ 07060
|Trenton||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||28 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
|Union City||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||4808 Bergenline Ave
Union City , NJ 07087
|West Orange||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||59 Main Street
West Orange, NJ 07052
How to Save on Your PSEG Bill
With electricity prices rising every year, here are a few ideas for taking the pressure off your energy budget.
The most effective change you can make is to reduce your overall energy consumption. A lot of the items on your PSEG bill are charged based on how much energy you consume, so improving your energy efficiency at home can go a long way towards lowering your bills.
Energy Saving Ideas Check out some of our useful tips about how to save money on your energy bills, including how to save money in the summer, how to use your appliances wisely, and all about a little thing called vampire energy
Another option you can take is to take a look at the rate you're paying with PSEG, and compare it with prices from alternate energy services company (ESCO). With retail energy markets in New Jersey opened to competition, ESCO offer competitive rates for electricity and natural gas, and save you money.
To learn more about energy supply options in your area, call us directly at phone currently not available to find the best rates in your area.