PPL Electric Utilities Customer Reviews
Looking for customer reviews for PPL Electric Utilities? Find out how customers rate the company in our summary guide to the customer experience with PPL Electric Utilities here.
PPL Electric Utilities is a power delivery company that provides service to about 1.4 million electricity customers across 29 counties in Pennsylvania. As Pennsylvania is open to electricity choice, PPL Electric Utilities sells power to its customers but they can also switch suppliers at any time. Headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania, PPL Electric Utilities also provides service in the Northeast, Central, Susquehanna, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Lehigh regions.
PP&L Electric Utilities Services
As a regulated electric delivery utility, PPL Electric Utilities provides the following services to its customers:
- Electricity delivery
- Power outage response
- Default energy supply (for customers who choose not to purchase electricity from an alternate supplier
- Energy saving tips/education
- Rebates on energy investments
Find out moreFind out more about PPL Electric Utilities
PPL Electric Utilities Customer Service
What Customers Say About PPL Customer Service
PPL Electric Utilities appears to have mixed reviews from customers who have left online reviews about their experience with the utility company (based on reviews left on websites including Yelp, consumeraffairs.com, and the Better Business Bureau). To some extent, this is normal: most customers tend to publish online reviews only when they are unhappy with the service they've received. As of November 2015, PPL Electric had a B rating from the Better Business Bureau, based on its responsiveness to customer complaints filed against it, and its relative size and length of time that it has been in business. Most customer complaints tend to be related to responses to power outages, and bills that don't stop increasing from month to month.
Looking to Save Money on Your Bill?Check out what other suppliers operating in PPL Electric's Service Area offer for electricity supply. Call us at 347-410-8789 to speak to an energy expert and find the lowest rates available in your area.
If you are unhappy with PPL Electric Utilities customer service, we suggest taking a look at customer reviews of alternate suppliers operating in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvanian energy customers have a choice of which company provides their electricity and natural gas supply. Alternate suppliers offer a wide range of energy and price options, and many can offer superior customer service than larger utility companies.
Find out More About Energy Choice in PennsylvaniaCall us at 347-410-8789 to speak to an energy expert about your options for the energy supply that can provide the best rates and customer service in your area
PPL Electric Utilities has received numerous awards, including:
- 21 customer satisfaction awards from JD Power & Associates
- Recognition from Chartwell, Inc. for innovations in self-service payment arrangements
- 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the year for its efforts towards promoting energy efficiency amongst its customers
Contact PPL Electric Utilities Customer Service
Looking to start PPL Electric service? Call us at 347-410-8789 to activate your PPL Electric Utilities power service and supply with an alternate supplier in minutes!
- PPL Electric's customer service phone number is 1-800-342-5775
- Call this number for service start/shut off requests, energy choice, to update your account information, to provide a meter reading
- Hearing/Speech Impaired (TTY): 1-800-231-7288
- Bill Pay: Call 1-800-672-2413 to pay by credit/debit card.
- Call this number to pay your bill over the phone. Note that this number is for a third-party card-processing service (BillMatrix) that charges a $3.95 convenience fee.
- Payment arrangements: 1-800-358-6623
- Call this number to make a special payment arrangement, or if you have received a final warning notice for an upcoming disconnection
Many customer service features are available online, through your PP&L Electric My Account. Access your PPL Electric My Account in order to:
- Pay your bill online
- View and update your account information
- Submit a meter reading
- View past bills
- and more
Are you a PPL Electric Utilities customer? Let us know your experiences with the company in the comments below!