PPL Electric Utilities Customer Service
Looking for PPL Electric customer service? Call the PPL Electric Utilities customer service number at 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775), or check out the rest of our guide to PPL Electric customer service.
PPL Electric Services
As the electricity delivery utility for 29 counties across central & eastern Pennsylvania, PPL Electric offers the following services to its customers:
- Electricity delivery: to approximately 1.4 million customers throughout central & eastern Pennsylvania
- Default electricity supply: PPL Electric is the default supplier to customers within their delivery area
- Meter readings, power outage/emergency response
- New service installations for electricity
- Billing, payment processing, and collections
- Energy efficiency education/programs
- Rebates for energy efficiency upgrades
Contact PPL Electric Customer Service
Looking to start PPL Electric service? Call us at 347-410-8789 to activate your PPL Electric Utilities power service and supply with an alternate supplier in minutes!
- PPL Electric's customer service phone number is 1-800-342-5775
- Call this number for service start/shut off requests, energy choice, to update your account information, to provide a meter reading
- Hearing/Speech Impaired (TTY): 1-800-231-7288
- Bill Pay: Call 1-800-672-2413 to pay by credit/debit card.
- Call this number to pay your bill over the phone. Note that this number is for a third-party card-processing service (BillMatrix) that charges a $3.95 convenience fee.
- Payment arrangements: 1-800-358-6623
- Call this number to make a special payment arrangement, or if you have received a final warning notice for an upcoming disconnection
Many customer service features are available online, through your PPL Electric My Account. Access your PPL Electric My Account in order to:
- Pay your bill online
- View and update your account information
- Submit a meter reading
- View past bills
- and more
How to Start Service With PPL Electric
If you are new to PPL Electric Utilities's service area and have recently bought or are renting a home, you will neeed to contact PPL to open an account in your name for your electricity supply. You can open an account online or over the phone by calling the PPL customer service phone number at 1-800-342-5775.
To start PPL Electric service, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your full name
- The address that you are moving to
- The date of your move
- Your date of birth
- Your contact information (phone number and/or email address)
- Your Social Security Number (SSN). If you have a drivers' license, you may be asked for the number as well
- Type of lease (if you are renting)
Want to Open a PPL Electric Account? Call us at 347-410-8789 to activate your PPL power service and start supply with an alternate supplier in minutes!
Ways to Pay Your PPL Electric Bill
Here is a brief summary of the different ways you can pay your PPL Electric bill. You can find a full description of your PPL bill payment options in our guide.
You can pay by:
- Cash: at an authorized pay center
- Check/Money Order: by mail, or at a paycenter
- Bank Account (Checking/Savings): online, at your bank (check with your bank first)
- Credit/Debit Card: at an authorized pay center, or online (note that there is a processing fee to pay by credit/debit card)
PPL Electric Customer Service Reviews
PPL Electric Utilities has won 15 J.D. Power & Associates awards for customer satisfaction, appears to have mixed reviews from customers who have left online reviews about their experience with the utility company (based on reviews left on websites including Yelp, consumeraffairs.com, and the Better Business Bureau). To some extent, this is normal: most customers tend to publish online reviews only when they are unhappy with the service they've received. As of October 2015, PPL Electric had a B rating from the Better Business Bureau, based on its responsiveness to customer complaints filed against it, and its relative size and length of time that it has been in business. Most customer complaints appeared to be focused on responses to power outages.
If you are unhappy with PPL Electric Utilities customer service, we suggest taking a look at customer reviews of alternate suppliers operating in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvanian energy customers have a choice of which company provides their electricity and natural gas supply. Alternate suppliers offer a wide range of energy and price options, and many can offer superior customer service than large utility companies.
Find out More About Energy Choice in PennsylvaniaCall us at 347-410-8789 to speak to an energy expert about your options for the energy supply that can provide the best rates and customer service in your area
Other PPL Electric Customer Service Contacts
For the quickest responses to your questions and concernts, we recommend calling the PPL customer service line for concerns. However, for times when you would prefer written correspondence, make sure to include your account number and as much information as you can about the question or problem.
827 Hausman Road
Allentown, PA 18104-9392
Mailing Address for Payment
When paying your bill through the mail, mail your check or money order payable to "Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.", and mail it in the envelope that came with your bill to the following address (no cash payments accepted):
P.O. Box 25239
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5239